The Florida Keys are a world famous sport fishing destination. Here, you can enjoy from high-quality backcountry, shore, offshore, reef, and deep-sea fishing.
On this occasion, we present you 10 amazing facts about deep-sea fishing in the Florida Keys; one of the most popular activities for locals and tourists of all levels of experience:
- Deep-sea fishing takes place at 100 fsw or deeper.
- Deep-sea fishing allows anglers to catch large fish that are not usually found in shallow waters.
- There’s an estimated of 10 million species living in the deep sea and we only know one-third of them.
- There are underwater waterfalls, and they’re five times higher than the world’s highest uninterrupted waterfall, the Angel Falls in Venezuela.
- Deep-sea fishing requires experience and knowledge, this means that although you may have some experience in the subject, it’s always better to hire a sport fishing charter and go out with an experienced fishing guide.
- There is 100% chance you’ll get wet, so leave your fancy clothes, jewelry, and cell phones back on shore if you don’t want to get them soaked.
- An estimate of 300 new species are discovered living on a single column of volcanic rock.
- Deep-sea fish are big and strong, this means that they will generally fight a lot. Make sure you’re steady and reel following the Captain’s directions during the capture process.
- There are many species that can be caught, some of them include marlin, wahoo, tuna, dolphin fish, sailfish, barracuda, shark, blue fish and many more.
- You must practice patience. Sport fishing takes knowledge and patience. At Fantastic II Charters, we guarantee fish, so you will never leave empty handed. Fish will bite, that’s for sure. but patience is always a must in this sport.
Now that you know these 10 facts about deep-sea fishing, give us a call and book your sport fishing trip today and experience what is feels like to fish with the best sport fishing charter in Key Largo, we’re sure you won’t regret it!